Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delayed Fibre Optic installation

Our contract to get Fibre Optic with Virgin was signed on 18th March and Installation was booked for April 6th. The engineer arrived on that day but found that the prep work that is supposed to be done in advance hadn't been done, so he had to go away without doing anything. Since then when we log on to the app to see when the installation has been rescheduled for, it always just gives that day's date. 

As other people have found, it's impossible to get through on the phone lines. 

I appreciate that things will be delayed due to Covid-19 but I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on how long the current delays are? We're getting close to 2 months since we booked this and we've had no communication at all from Virgin on what is happening. The app updates are useless as they always just say that the work is booked for that day. I'd love a real estimate of the day the work will happen!

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed Fibre Optic installation

Have you had the external cable installed or have they not gone that far? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - no we've not even got to that stage. I think that's what needed to have happened before the engineer arrived on the 6th. Someone has spray painted some arrows on to the pavement outside the house so it looks like someone came to assess what needed to happen (we didn't see or speak to anyone) but since then there's been no progress. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You may have construction work scheduled which is waiting for authorisation from the council, try calling the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

0 Kudos