Menu
WhiteRhino
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delay in sending out kit as an account already exists at the property.

Hi there,

So I live in a house share and the person who originally set up the internet account has now moved out and wants to close the account. I had a look at ordering a new broadband package however when I did I got a message saying that because an account already exists at the property there would be a delay in sending the kit out. As far as I am aware Scott (the person who moved out) has not yet closed the account as asked him to hold off for the moment

How long is this delay likely to be and is there anyway to reduce it. I have been working at home since Covid and so cannot afford any significant downtime of the internet.

I want to go with Virgin but if there is no ways to avoid this I may have to go with another provider.

Is there anything I can do,

Many thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delay in sending out kit as an account already exists at the property.

Hello

If there is an account at the house then when you take out a contract there is a "Gone Away" process that Virginmedia use and this takes 14 days to complete as VM will try and contact the previous account holder before closing the old account.

The previous account holder will have to give 30 days notice to close the account and you can then start a new account the day after his account is terminated.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@WhiteRhino

I should be able to help expedite the process for you.

I'll send a private message to take some more details and see what we can do

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

The best thing to do is book this on manually, I think Christy may have messaged you? If not please contact myself by private message. I know that he can normally sort this pretty quickly.

If you book online and he goes to the automated system which may take a couple of weeks, if you book manually then we can normally speed this up for you.

Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos