Menu
thesofine
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Delay due to COVID?

Good evening from London!  I am very excited to switch from SKY to Virgin.  I submitted an order on 16 AUG 2020 and received a confirmation the same day.  In that same email I was told they would call me to confirm some details of the sale.  I selected today for delivery of my router.  However, two working days have passed, I have not received any calls, I have not received a router, and have been on hold with Virgin for most of the afternoon (still on hold).

Is it unreasonable for me to think it should not be so difficult to sign up for service?  I am trying to be patient, but want to help move things along.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delay due to COVID?

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay, let me take a look for you. I will message you privately for some details

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

thesofine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Incredible ... The Sales Rep hung up the phone!  I stayed on hold for a long time and was able to finally talk to a general CS representative.  The CS rep sent me over to sales, and another long hold until I could speak to someone.  The Sales Rep hung up the phone after 2-3 minutes.  

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again,

please accept our apologies again, as discussed privately I have now arranged a call back for you tomorrow to get this resolved and also to get you online as fast as we can.

thank you for reaching out to us here, we really appreciate you joining Virgin Media.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

thesofine
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all the helpful guidance.  Unfortunately I did not receive a call or email today.

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry about this, I will chase them first thing in the morning for you.

0 Kudos
thesofine
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I received a call and email confirmation this morning!  Router is supposed to arrive this Saturday.  Hopefully I will soon be able to enjoy my M500 package.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
thesofine
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

After careful consideration, I have decided the ultimate oomph bundle was a better fit for our needs. I called VirginMedia and was advised (by the VirtginMedia representative) that the only way to change to this bundle was to cancel my existing account within the cooling off period and to have another adult member of my household open a new account. Over the phone on 25 AUG 2020, I cancelled my service during the cooling off period. On 25 AUG 2020, another member of my household agreed to an 18-month contract for the ultimate oomph bundle.

I cancelled service on 25 AUG 2020.

On 01 SEP 2020 we were expecting an engineer to install service, but an engineer never arrived. When I called I was told that my cancellation during the cooling off period was cancelled. I said that was illegal and I was not informed of this in any manner. I also told VirginMedia over the phone AGAIN that I am cancelling during my cooling off period effective 25 AUG 2020.

I am writing this post to document all these interactions.

If VirginMedia is refusing to let me cancel, even though I am legally entitled to cancel within the cooling-off period.

I am warning VirginMedia that if it continues to refuse to cancel my order, I'll have to consider taking court action.

I have also informed VirginMedia that I'll report this to my local Trading Standards department.
0 Kudos
thesofine
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

VirginMedia refusing to cancel my contract during the cooling off period

Over the phone on 25 AUG 2020, I cancelled my service during the cooling off period. 

I made it very clear on 25 AUG 2020 that I cancelled my service; the phone representative told me the service was cancelled.

On 01 SEP 2020 I called VirginMedia and was told that my cancellation during the cooling off period was cancelled (I never agreed to this). I said that was illegal and I was not informed of this in any manner. I also told VirginMedia over the phone AGAIN that I am cancelling during my cooling off period effective 25 AUG 2020.

I am writing this post to document all these interactions.

VirginMedia is refusing to let me cancel, even though I am legally entitled to cancel within the cooling-off period.

I am warning VirginMedia that if it continues to refuse to cancel my order, I'll have to consider taking court action.

I have also informed VirginMedia that I'll report this to my local Trading Standards department.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you cancelled service and then setup a new service at the same address they probably just cancelled the cancellation and changed the package.

I'm guessing you didn't wait for confirmation of cancellation before setting up the new package? 

0 Kudos