cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay compensation entitlement

stevenjt365
Joining in

Morning,

I was due to have fibre installed on the 19th, then rescheduled to the 22nd. Neither date happened.

I was told when I ordered the line at the end of March that it would need to be pulled to the property. An engineer finally attended yesterday morning to ‘check the plan’. We found the cable which was buried on a verge within three metres of the property, he arranged for a dig team to attend within 72hrs to bring the line onto the property. So I am assuming the line will be at my property on the  27th April.

He also booked me in a new install date there and then on his laptop (directly into the scheduling system) for May 10th. This was the earliest possible date.

What compensation am I due given I was originally confirmed as having an install date of 20th April?

many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@stevenjt365 wrote:

Morning,

I was due to have fibre installed on the 19th, then rescheduled to the 22nd. Neither date happened.

<snip>

What compensation am I due given I was originally confirmed as having an install date of 20th April?

many thanks in advance.

You'll need to familiarise yourself with the OFCOM compensation scheme

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

and rates from April 2023

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

VM often provides two dates at the point of order (one for cabling work and the other for installation/activation of the services). It is the latter activation date ('initially confirmed in writing', OFCOM doc para 9) that compensation applies from. Sometimes VM gives one date with a view to doing all work on that date.

In regular topics on here, VM seems to be trying to reduce any money it has to pay out with the idea of a 'provisional' installation date (as opposed to a 'confirmed' date) so check what your info from VM says and see how it applies to your situation.