Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dealyed installation

Hi,

I ordered VM Broadband on 2nd Nov and was given the installation date of 11th Nov and engineer will visit the property in AM. One night before the installation, I received a text message from VM that installation can not go ahead as some construction is required. After several calls to CS team , i was given an email id of Construction team who responded that they have not looked at it and if they decided to proceed with construction, it may take 6-8 weeks. 

As many others, I am working from home as well and now relying on my phone hotspot, what is my right in this case. Can VM deliver broadband using BT line as a temporary measure? any compensation?

regards

WK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dealyed installation

One of these things will happen: 

They'll decide its not cost effective to offer you services and cancel your contract. 

They'll submit plans to the local council (if needed). This is where the 6 - 8 weeks comes in. You won't be sent a bill until your services are in and running. 

Your 14 days cooling off period doesn't start until the service is in and running either so you may decide to cancel and go with another provider if you require the internet for home working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dealyed installation

As Z92 says.

VM dont use BT cabling (hence the issue!). You should look at what options are available to you with an Openreach company connection. If available, perhaps get connected on a monthly contract with them until VM is installed - or isn't. If it is you can cancel within 14 days and rejoin later, useful if you had to get a longer contract with the other user. Or keep both as back-up 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos