cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deal claims 'Free Set-up worth £35' but in the pre contract documents it includes £35 one off payment

Floret234
Joining in

As a potential new customer to virgin, I am surprised to see how hard it is to contact someone without already having an account number- I can't get past the first automated menu options on the customer service line without an account number to speak to someone.

I am looking at purchasing a friends and family 'Big Bundle M250'. It says on the page that there is a Welcome Gift of a 'Free Set Up worth £35'. But then in the pre contract documents it says £35 one off charges.

It is very unclear if the free setup fee has been removed as why would it then be listed in the pre contract documents.

I'm not even sure if to go with virgin as there seems to be many issues that people are experiencing from looking at this community forum. 

I don't get why I can't just speak to someone, you'd think as a potential new customer they would want me to go with them and there would be options to discuss new contracts.

Below is where it says the welcome gift 

Floret234_0-1697454655349.png

and on the pre contract below, is where it says the one off fee for £35:

Floret234_1-1697454713519.png

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Floret234 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to contact us regarding this new customer deal and for any confusion caused. 

I can check out the deal you're seeing to see what the welcome offer and free set up is detailing. Are you able to provide me the URL of the deal?

New customers can call our sales team on 0800 183 1234 to discuss packages and any questions they may have. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley