Menu
austavarium
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Damaged wall box - slow speed

Hi my broadband has gone from 250+ megabit and is now just 1 megabit. I connected to the router via ethernet, still slow. Everything inside the house looks well connected. I went outside my house to discover the box is hanging off the wall, open, with exposed coax cables and water logged. It’s clearly been like this for some time (i recently moved into property). How do i get an engineer to the property? Without internet i can’t work which is a problem given i am required to wfh. Can’t believe this wasn’t checked by the person who did the installation.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged wall box - slow speed

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time to get through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
austavarium
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Called first thing and managed to get an answer! Engineer booked for 25 Jan so will be on a 4g dongle until then.

Do i have grounds for a refund on my bill if the connection is unusably slow (<1 megabit and i’m paying for 500) but still technically “connected”? The person on the phone seemed to suggest not and wouldn’t allow me to escalate. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Under OFCOM rules, you can only claim compensation for a total lack of service, not a degraded service. 

However, if you have a degraded service which VM can't fix within a specific time frame (check your contract, I think it's 30 days), you can cancel your contract without penalty and go elsewhere. 

0 Kudos