Menu
iri_
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Damaged isolator cable

Hi, I have accidentally damaged my isolator cable and trying to fix it made things worse to the point it is completely unusable.

I am in urgent need of a replacement cable as I have no way to connect the wall socket and the splitter so no broadband at all. And considering I am working from home the situation is quite the disaster... please advise

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged isolator cable

You'd need to call up or someone from the forum team can get this resolved. As this wasn't a fault with the equipment and caused by yourself you'd also be subject to a £99 fee for the engineer. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
iri_
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaron, thank you for the quick reply. I will start trying to contact Virgin Media at 8AM, as phone lines should be open from that time.

I am fully aware I have caused the issue, I am just hoping it would be possible to get sent a replacement cable as there is no need really for an engineer and the fee for such as you mentioned is quite high...

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Just to let you know there will be no charge for a replacement cable, accidental damage has never been charged by VM if you have a look at the number of people who have accidentally cut through the external cable and no charge was ever made.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

iri_
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJ_Shadow1966, thank you for your reply. That is amazing as obviously a hundred pounds charge (because of an accident) this close to Christmas has thrown me into even deeper panic.

I have found an old VM isolator cable in one of our drawers, which did the trick and we are back online now, however I am still going to get in touch if I could be sent a replacement of the original. As long as of course it does not cost this much, otherwise this one will have to do...

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@iri_ wrote:

I have found an old VM isolator cable in one of our drawers, which did the trick and we are back online now, however I am still going to get in touch if I could be sent a replacement of the original. As long as of course it does not cost this much, otherwise this one will have to do...

Try but if you don't succeed, please post back on here. I'm sure one of the friendly staff on here can sort a cable for you. 

VM's policy on this is normally that it would cost more logistically to invoice you for the cable then just to send a replacement out, but they can refuse/charge an engineer fee if they think the service is being abused, which I don't think it is on this occasion. 

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shhhh. Dont tell on me because you will be told you cant use non Virgin ones.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/satellite-lead-f-plug-to-f-plug-1m/61186

0 Kudos