cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged cable box outside

nickdhurt
Joining in

Hi, I live in Chelmsford, Essex, and the cable box outside at the front of the house keeps falling apart. Now the front cover has fallen off and has been blown away by the wind, socablebox.jpg the wires are exposed. There are often kids and dogs playing on the street. I am not a customer any more, so there is no functionality issue, but whilst the kids next door can be annoying sometimes, I would prefer not to be woken up by a bang, flash, and the smell of burning flesh to find the neighbours kid's smouldering outside with their hair standing on end.

Can you please send an engineer to sort it out?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly don't worry about kids frying, the voltage is very low and not dangerous.

As you are not a VM customer, you may find it difficult to get a technician out to fix this.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod should pick this up and respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @nickdhurt Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the omnibox that has ocurred.
I will assist you on this and send you a private message to get this sorted.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @nickdhurt on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist and raise this query with our engineering team.
As advised - once they get in touch we will be able to sort out this Omnibox and ensure that it is protected and safe to be in public.

I will reach out to you when they update you.
Reach out to us if you need anything else and we'll assist.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @nickdhurt on the Virgin Media forums. 😇

I'm glad to say that on the same day the engineers had assigned this case to one of their team members and have managed to get this sorted.
They sent images to confirm the face plate cover.

If you ever need anything from us - feel free to reach out to us and we will assist.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

nickdhurt
Joining in

Yes, all sorted thanks.