Menu
Morwenna
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Damaged and unsightly box and cable (exterior)

Hello,

I moved into a house which has an old brown box outside and two damaged cables crossing my garden. I can't really sort my garden out and landscape it as the cable is in the way. The box is partially smashed up and is unsightly and stopping me from carrying out wall repairs and painting. I want all this removed please. I am happy to get rid of it myself if safe but would prefer you removed this as it is Virgin property and its becoming a liability.

Please let me know when this can be taken away. 

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Damaged and unsightly box and cable (exterior)

The default response from VM will most likely be that they won't remove the cables but may offer to come and tidy them up for you.

If possible, posting some pictures of the problem usually helps the VM forum team to decide on the best approach for a remedy to the issue.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Morwenna,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forum's in regards to the cabling issue at your property, welcome to the community.

As goslow has already advised we wouldn't completely remove the cabling to the property, we would be happy to arrange for a technician to attend and repair the Omni box and rebury the cables to allow you to carry out the work you have planned.

I will send you a Private Message to get the details required to arrange the visit.

Rob

0 Kudos
Morwenna
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I just don't want it on the wall because it looks terrible (aside from the fact the whole set up is damaged anyway). You can't rebury is as the whole area is paved. And I don't want paving lifted. Is there current running through it? Can I just remove it myself?  I did not authorise it so I want it completely gone. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can not remove it. It belongs to VM.
If you damage the cable you could take the network down the the whole area.
0 Kudos
Morwenna
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The cables are already damaged and partially disconnected anyway.
0 Kudos