Menu
TimP81
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Damage to my house

Hello, 

New on here as i am a new customer to Virgin. 

What has happened is we had Virgin installed, it works well but when they installed it they managed to hit electric cables in the wall. The engineer was good and said he had reported it. Someone phoned the same day and said that someone would be out within 3 hours. But they did not turn up!

Then 7 days later we got a call from a electrician who said he was turning up in 2 hours (great notice) and when he did urn up he said we would have to have the effected external socket moved and our wall chased out inside and just filled afterwards. We informed him that this was not going to be Pre-loss condition and he then informed us that they would have to come back. its been 4 weeks and we have not heard a word from anyone?

Is this how it should be, I've tried to call, i cant get hold of anyone it just ends up ringing out, I've tried the message us thing, 3 hours and no reply? I've also sent a email through the virgin account. 

What do i do next? Any suggestions? Im thinking call my home insurance company and make a claim against virgin for damage, but i don't want it to effect my insurance or my premium next year.

Im a bit confused as i have great internet now but at the cost of damaging my electrics and possibly having a patch repair which i don't want. I would have preferred to of not had virgin installed and stuck with my old internet.

If someone can help that would be great.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damage to my house

Hi TimP81, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened and I can assure you this isn't the level of service we aim to provide. 

We're keen to get this resolved for you and ensure it's dealt with accordingly, therefore I'm going to pop you a personal message to grab your details and we can take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos