Menu
howardcanning86
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Daily, brief disconnections. Annoying!

Hi team,

For the past few weeks, every 1-2 days, my connection goes offline for, seemingly, as long as it takes for the router to reboot itself and re-establish a connection. This is always less than about 5 minutes.

It usually happens during the day, sometime between 10:00 and 15:00.

It is particularly annoying now that myself and my partner are working from home full time and usually in the middle of a call, or something else important, when it occurs!

Nothing has changed in my house either physically, or in terms of network configuration.

I thought I'd put a message on here rather than attempt to call a no-doubt already overloaded tech support line.

Can anyone help? Are there any tests that can be run remotely?

The SH router status does not show any log entries for these outages.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily, brief disconnections. Annoying!

Hi,
Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.
Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Vulnicura
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having the same issue - very frequent, small drops in connection which makes it extremely frustrating to try work from home. No changes in my set up and I'm connected via ethernet. Have tried all the ports to no avail. Would be grateful for any insight.

0 Kudos
howardcanning86
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Where do you live, Vulnicura? Wondering if you're anywhere near me.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts.

It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
howardcanning86
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is still happening, and now happening multiple times a day, despite me reseating all the SH3's connections and factory- resetting it. 

0 Kudos
howardcanning86
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

I am still experiencing these problems, albeit less frequently than multiple times per day. But still daily.

It appears to be localised to the Superhub rather than a local area outage, as the hub appears to reboot itself.

I would like to know what hoops I need to jump through with customer service in order to either get a replacement Superhub, or an upgrade to the newer Superhub 4.

The cost of my package has just been increased, which only rubs salt into the wounds!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi howardcanning86,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have taken a look on our side and it has advised there is a network issue which is working to be resolved. 

^Martin

0 Kudos