cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY

1000000VOLTS
Joining in

Hi , thanks for letting me in this group , I need some help before I have a nervous breakdown . many years ago VM installed 5 cables that go though my front yard wall ( not the wall on my house ) and up at a 45 degree angle into a VM cable box that is embedded in the pavement outside . Ever since then my front yard has a pool of water that never goes away , this has caused untold damp problems . It is only recently i found out how the water was getting in , believe me i have searched hard even blamed the poor hairdressers next door  , I managed to get a BT open reach engineer out told them the water was coming from there cover , less than an hour they called WOW what a difference , The verdict whoever installed them didn't know what they were doing totally incompetent 100% VM cables . My property is about 5 foot below the pavement , instead of going around the garden wall or over it they dug UP into the cable box , causing all the water that gathers in that manhole to enter my yard , it was hard to find the source as it was running on the inside of the conduit that is attached to my wall , I just need someone to come around and move them and fill the holes that is my priority at the moment , the damp is giving me breathing problems and i cant take much more .

As i am not VM customer they have no interest whatsoever even when telling them it is getting slimy and slippery and could cause a serious accident , they are not interested at all . I have tried many numbers and many VM links nothing has been done and the water still comes in .  what a horrible horrible company .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good morning, @1000000VOLTS 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the damage that's happened and the impact it's caused.

I'm going to send you a PM now, raise a non-customer damage complaint and ensure you're contacted by the relevant team to discuss this and resolve it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Try the phone number here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diversionaryworks/create

but set your expectations of anything useful happening to a very low level. I expect the above is aimed more at equipment is public places.

On a parallel line of enquiry, how did the cables come to be passing through your property in the first place? What sort of wayleave/permission was granted for VM to install them?

Hi , they were installed for some tenants who used to live in the flat above me a long time ago . I occupy the ground floor flat . I will try your link , the damp has cost me thousands over the years in repairs and replacements , I deserve an apology or some sort of compensation , as i said i have even had arguments with the poor hairdressers next door blaming her . just looked at your link , you have to pay to have them moved , that would cost too much as the pavement needs to be dug ,  plus its not even my fault one of the VM engineers done it .

Don't bother filling in the form on that link. The form is for people wanting to pay VM to modify/move VM equipment. Just try the phone number for VM equipment posing a health and safety risk.

In parallel with the 'health and safety' angle you should probably start making enquiries about how (or if) permission was granted for the cables to be there and if a wayleave agreement exists with the freeholder of the property.

Good morning, @1000000VOLTS 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the damage that's happened and the impact it's caused.

I'm going to send you a PM now, raise a non-customer damage complaint and ensure you're contacted by the relevant team to discuss this and resolve it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @1000000VOLTS 

Thanks for joining us on PM. Just to update the thread, we've raised the case and it's assigned to the relevant team. They'll then be in touch with you to discuss further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team