cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut my cable

Loveitblue
Joining in

Please can anybody help. 
Have accidently cut through virgin cable in my garden, where it goes under paving so was only 1 inch buried. 
Can anybosy please advise. 
The menu system on phone dosent help. 
can any of the virgin tech guys help. 
Thank you in advance

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Loveitblue 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Calling at 08.01 is the best time to get through quickly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Loveitblue,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that your cable has been damaged, I can arrange the appointment to get this repaired from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Loveitblue
I have arranged the appointment, and you can track your engineer appointments online. Simply sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. 
Regards,
Steven_L

Fantastic
Thank you

Engineer called out to us on saturday. Said a repull was required. 
Received a txt saying the work would be carried out on Monday. Nobody turned up, and no further correspondence received. 
Wonder if you can help us again Steven. 
cheers

Sorry to hear of the cable damage Loveitblue, I can see Steven was assisting with this originally and from checking there is a repull arranged for today although this is getting a bit late for it to take place. Was it due to be done yesterday?

Rob

Hi Rob. 
Someone came out yesterday because cable had been disturbed and box opened.  Then received a txt saying repull due today 22nd but nobody has turned up. 
Getting frustrating although you guys on here have been polite and have tried to be of assistance. 
Any further help would be great. 

Hello Loveitblue,

Sorry to hear the repull didn't go ahead.

I can look into this for you and see if we have an update.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L