Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cut internet cable

Hi

My neighbour has managed to cut my internet cable outside. I have an engineer booked for Monday but was wondering if I need to notify them of this prior to them coming out to ensure they have an extra cable with them or do they always carry extra with them?

Any help would be appreciated please as I need to get this fixed as a matter of urgency due to working from home.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cut internet cable

What do you report as the issue?

If you said a cable was cut then you can assume they will be prepared. If you just said no internet then...

BTW VM do not charge for accidental cut cables.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they could be able to repair the cable. if it can't be repaired and a cable repull back to the cabinet is needed this is a 2 man team job and will need booking in after the engineer has been

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just booked the engineer online so haven’t spoken to anyone. I originally thought it was a fault with the wifi however have only just noticed the wire has been cut. Tried to phone, was on hold for 45 mins and it just cuts off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It just looks like the black wire outside the house needs replaced, the white wire that runs in the house seems fine. When I got virgin installed it was just 1 person who done all of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the pull from the cabinet to your house would of been a 2 ban team before the install date. or someone had vm already and the cable was already installed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos