Menu
tiggerfab
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cut cable

During roadworks the workmen accidentally cut the broadband cable. Who do we get in contact with to get it repaired?

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cut cable

Customer services,

Or you can wait on here for a VM staff member to notice your post.

But if workmen did it, I would expect them to notify VM to get it repaired, as they'll be liable for the cost of fixing it.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@tiggerfab wrote:

During roadworks the workmen accidentally cut the broadband cable. Who do we get in contact with to get it repaired?

is this just your cable or the main one in the road 

Tony
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Main one in the road?

All the cables around here are run separately, so there's multiple cables in the road, one for each house ?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Z92 wrote:

Main one in the road?

All the cables around here are run separately, so there's multiple cables in the road, one for each house ?

take you point - badly put by me - i meant - is this the main duct or the individual cable in the drop from the T - its the mention of roadworks that concerned me - roadworks are unlikely to damage the drop from the T 

Tony
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tiggerfab, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that the services are not working due to a cut cable. 

We can certainly get an engineer out to resolve things for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tiggerfab
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony the cable which was cut was the one on the pavement with the plastic round cap that connects to your property. The pavements in the area are being re-surfaced just unlucky !!thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tiggerfab, 

Thanks for replying and getting back to me via private message. 

I am glad that an engineer has been booked to attend to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues please let us know and don't forget to pop an update here to keep us posted on how the visit goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tiggerfab
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi an engineer came yesterday and reconnected within 45 min  he did a great job working in the rain and mud  thanks engineer

Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tiggerfab

Thanks so much for getting back to us and letting us know how everything went with the engineer.

We really appreciate the positive feedback and I'm so glad to hear you were reconnected within 45 minutes!

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos