cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Cable - Engineer Visit

STE_V_T
Joining in

Hi,

Yesterday, I cut through the Virgin Media cable  whilst gardening.

I have an engineer visit booked for tomorrow but, given the nature of the online help, I was unable to give the actual reason for my connection issues and it was more of a diagnose the issue visit.

My question is: does the engineer need any forewarning or is a cable repair relatively straightforward and they will be equipped to do so anyway?

I work from home so I’m keen to avoid any unnecessary delays if possible.

Thanks,Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

assuming theres slack in the cable the tech can join it - it may be classed as a temp job but it should be fine and could well turn into a permanent fix

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

assuming theres slack in the cable the tech can join it - it may be classed as a temp job but it should be fine and could well turn into a permanent fix

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@STE_V_T  Try and make sure that they do leave you with at least a temporary fix (if need be suggest a new section inserted with two temp joints, and wheedle, plead and bribe as needed to get a fix).  Reason for that is that because if the technician says a re-pull is needed and they don't want to do a temp repair, then the repull request will disappear into the Tenth Circle of Hell, which is where VM's repulls and new connections are managed, and you might be without a connection for months.  @-tony- has some experience of this.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @STE_V_T

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear about your cut cable. We are however glad to hear you have been able to get an appointment for this. I have had a look at our systems and I can see the appointment took place recently.  Has the issue been resolved with our team? 

Do you also need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs