Menu
Pi1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Customer service is shocking

Been trying to sort my issue for a while now and it just seems like the company is doing everything not to deal with customers problems. I’m having weak signal around the house, getting readings of 15mb next to the router when paying for 500! And I can’t even talk to someone to help sort it out! Called up and the machine asked me 20 questions before sending me to be on hold before being hung up on this is terrible! Companies need to be accountable for this!!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service is shocking

What speed do you get using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Pi1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure and there are a lot of people in the house so we couldn’t do that but we should be getting at least 300

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the Trials & Tribulations of Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos