Menu
ChelsieMcvicar
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service - Why has trying to upgrade my plan been so difficult?

Hi guys,

I'd like to preface this with an apology if I come across a little rude, it's just... I had to move house over the weekend, and that was stressful enough. Then attempted to setup virgin to find that it isn't working, so my whole "work from home" situation is in a mess right now, then I thought... "Before the engineer comes out, I'll look at upgrading my Broadband and packaged (to include TV). Outside of the option to keep my package the same (200mb) and add TV, I haven't found an option to upgrade my bandwidth AND add TV. 

I sat on a call for 68 minutes yesterday for the engineer to come next Monday - but there was no temporary fix offered, unlike companies I've been with before who would offer a dongle of sorts. 

Look, I completely understand the situation the world is in right now. More people home, more people calling in, less people in the call centres, but I've sat for hours attempting to contact the Live Chat and call them, but it's just exhausting. I even attempted their Twitter team, who I saw advise another customer to come here, as they are limited as to what they can do on there. 

I'll be honest, I'm just praying for a response ASAP as I'd definitely like to take advantage of this free activation deal you've got going on right now! 

0 Kudos
e110074
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service - Why has trying to upgrade my plan been so difficult?

It shouldn't matter. Virgin are still depositing the same amount of money from everyone with significantly reduced support, which is tailored into their costs that they charge for each product and service. This then results in the customer having to pay more of their own money / time, to get the level of support of which they are already paying. 

Not sure how Virgin operate, but the home work transition for my work didn't cost too much, and they have more than recouped the costs just on the utility savings alone.

I was advised to call early morning, but I'm thinking 6AM - 7AM may be the better time to contact. All other times I can't even get the opportunity to go on hold   

0 Kudos