Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Create profile/register online account

This seems to be a common problem.

My installation was just over 3 weeks ago, but I'm still unable to register for online account.

After entering all the requisite information, the 'Continue' button remains greyed out.

Can anyone give the system a poke with a sharp stick?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Create profile/register online account

Can-t-register-account opens in new window. 

I noticed a similar post just recently where a member of the Forum Team (@David_Bn) had replied see link above 😀

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks , but I've tried several browsers, cleared all browsing data , to no avail.

The continue button remains greyed out, or sometimes I just get 

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register an online account

Help.

Seems like a common problem, which makes you wonder why they can't make the damn system work first time.

About a month since installation now.

Am unable to register for an online account. The 'Continue' button on the 2nd page remains greyed out.

Tried different devices and browsers, cleared browsing data. All to no avail. Posted in the set up part of the forum but no response.

Could someone from Virgin please message me and sort it out. This is fairly basic stuff for an ISP, and not a problem I've ever encountered anywhere else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register an online account

The system for granting pointless rankings on the forum seems to be working fine, though.

Which is nice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mdsmith123

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post to our Forums (we have merged your duplicated post with this one to avoid further duplication and any confusion). I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues registering for your online MyVirginMedia account at the moment. 

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that as yet, one has not been registered and no attempts yet been made. 

Can you advise how you are trying to register? Is this via our website or via the MyVirginMedia app? When does this issue occur - is it after you have popped in your Account number and pressed register or after? 

Sometimes this error can appear if you have left spaces at  the end or beginning of the box. The account number must also be 9 digits ling. Any less and it won't work. If your account number is less, please add zeros to the start of the number to make it 9 digits long. 

Pop back if you're still having issues and answer the questions and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Trying to register via website (doesn't the app send you to a webpage to register, anyway?) But have tried via the app.

It's the 2 page, where you set up a password, security answer, DOB and request a Virgin email address.

I've checked the account number, and it is 9 digits, no leading or trailing zeroes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the quick reply - we'll need to take a closer look and for that, I'll need to go through security with you @mdsmith123

I'll pop you a quick Private Message - please look out for the purple envelope in the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @mdsmith123

Cheers so much for your quick replies to our Private Messages 🙂 I have been able to set up your online account now and sent you a last Private Message with your temporary password. 

Please try and log in for me and let me know how you get on. My Virgin Media

Once you have logged in, you can change your password and make any changes to the information and settings 🙂 

Keep me posted!

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Katie, that's all sorted now.

0 Kudos