Menu
Reply
Tarzamps
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
398 Views
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Crack in pavement

7CAF75D3-8D23-4462-B225-EC2C068E068C.jpeg

Not sure which board to write this on but need help.

since cabling has been installed for Virgin in the area the pavement outside my house has got worse. There is a large crack and it’s continuing to travel and get worse and there are cabling sticking out of the ground.

Ive reported it to the council but they say it’s Virgin’s responsibility. I’ve tried contacting the construction team but was on hold yesterday for ages and this morning they’re in a meeting. Can anyone on here help please?

TIA

 

0 Kudos
Reply
goslow
  • 2.98K
  • 432
  • 1.11K
Trouble shooter
382 Views
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement

Who put the barriers around the hole?

If the council did, then they will presumably have already contacted VM to set in motion a repair.

0 Kudos
Reply
LittleMick73
  • 5.39K
  • 547
  • 923
Superstar
365 Views
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement

Hi you pay council tax for them to deal with this sort of thing, you shouldn't have to do thier job for them it’s not your responsibility to contact third parties regarding street repairs, next time you contact them remind of that fact. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Reply
Tarzamps
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
285 Views
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement

They have refused to do anything further (have been trying for a year now) but great news I managed to speak to someone at Virgin and they’re sending someone out to look at it 🙂

0 Kudos
Reply
Tarzamps
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
284 Views
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement

Oh I know I made it clear to the council that it’s council property and they should have a process in place to contact virgin because if I wasn’t trying to sort it then it would just be left to get worse! The council have been useless! Finally got someone in virgin coming out to look at it though 🙂 fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Reply
nodrogd
  • 17.5K
  • 2.05K
  • 4.37K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
277 Views
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement


@Tarzamps wrote:

Oh I know I made it clear to the council that it’s council property and they should have a process in place to contact virgin because if I wasn’t trying to sort it then it would just be left to get worse! The council have been useless! Finally got someone in virgin coming out to look at it though 🙂 fingers crossed!


If somebody had tripped up on it & twisted their ankle something would have been done PDQ. Its just pure lazyness on the councils part.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
Akua_A
  • 2.91K
  • 71
  • 189
Forum Team
Forum Team
264 Views
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement

Hi @Tarzamps,

 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

 

Sorry to hear about this growing crack outside your home. We can understand how concerning this may be in regards to health and safety.

 

We are however glad to see that you were able to speak to a member of our team who are coming to look at this with the aim to resolve this.

 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team



New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide


0 Kudos
Reply
VMCopperUser
  • 3.62K
  • 122
  • 448
Trouble shooter
250 Views
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crack in pavement


@nodrogd wrote:

@Tarzamps wrote:

Oh I know I made it clear to the council that it’s council property and they should have a process in place to contact virgin because if I wasn’t trying to sort it then it would just be left to get worse! The council have been useless! Finally got someone in virgin coming out to look at it though 🙂 fingers crossed!


If somebody had tripped up on it & twisted their ankle something would have been done PDQ. Its just pure lazyness on the councils part.



@nodrogd wrote:

@Tarzamps wrote:

Oh I know I made it clear to the council that it’s council property and they should have a process in place to contact virgin because if I wasn’t trying to sort it then it would just be left to get worse! The council have been useless! Finally got someone in virgin coming out to look at it though 🙂 fingers crossed!


If somebody had tripped up on it & twisted their ankle something would have been done PDQ. Its just pure lazyness on the councils part.


Yup, This is the key sometimes to getting them to do things.

There was some hedges near me that had grown so much that people needed to walk in the road to get around them, council said it was a scheduled thing and would be done later in the year.  I asked for a reference number on the call and stated that there's disabled people who pass that section daily and if any accidents happen because of their inaction that I would serve as a witness to their inaction.  Two days after that phone call the hedges were all cut back!

Once you say it's a "Safety" issue they will give it priority.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Reply