jeffbond0077
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Covid update

When is this getting updated? 

Virgin Media’s Update on Covid-19

Last updated: 29 March 2021

I got the 360 TV stuff delivered for self install was told to ring back after April 12th when restrictions where lifted, then told try at end of April now getting told might be from Monday.  No one can tell me what part of the government guidelines they are following that prevents them from adding a TV box. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Covid update

Private companies can make sticter rules if the wish, the goverment guidelines is the minimum standard they need to adhere to

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Covid update

Afternoon @jeffbond0077

Welcome back to our Community - I am sorry about any delay with your installation. Self-installs have still been going ahead - did you have issues with it or we're you also having an additional box installed that required a manual installation? 

We placed a restriction on additional box installation and other non-essential works to reduce the amount of time spend in a customers home; this was for the safely of both our technician and the customer. 

At the time of your post, additional box installations were still being classed as non-essential and have been on hold during the lockdown period; we have been awaiting an update as to when we can once again start booking these sorts of jobs. 

We can now confirm that from 15th May, non-essential works and additional outlets can now be booked. However, we do have quite a backlog of customers that have already been placed on hold; these customers that already have work booked in but on hold will be contacted directly via SMS to confirm an appointment time. If there are any issues with this date you will be encouraged to rebook via the SMS contact engine.

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos