Menu
Liz1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Covid Affecting Income and Payments

So I have a reduced income at the moment due to Covid 19 and have lost almost 250 per month. My bill didn't go out this month because I haven't got the funds and I tried to explain this to the lady I spoke to. She told me there was nothing they can do and I'd have to make the payment. Is that really all the support they can offer? I mean, Covid is out of my hands. I'm a single mother on maternity leave and I can't help that my ex partner has lost his job because of the current outbreak. Surely they can offer me some sort of repayment plan 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Covid Affecting Income and Payments

from other posts on here you will get nowhere - they have made a policy to do nothing it seems - your only options are to reduce whatever package you are on to reduce costs or cancel - either may incur early cancellation fees which they will also want to collect

Tony
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's pretty much all they offer until you are in a larger debt, the repayment plans don't seem to happen until the threat of debt recovery agents. 

Oh and don't forget they'll probably give you a £7.50 late payment fee for each month as well... 

A friend of mine borrowed money from his credit card to pay some of his bills as it's cheaper than the late/non payment charges! 

0 Kudos
F1TeamLH
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

its silly, i asked them to downgrade my Internet & TV service so that i could save abit due to Covid and they not intrested in helping their customers in this difficult time. If i did downgrade it would end up paying more than the package i was on - Less services = Less payment

With Virgin media  Less Service = Customer Rip off

Shame on Virgin media not helping, assisting their customers when they need it the most!! 

Remember that if you have a  genuine compliant. Do log a call with Virgin media & put in a Compliant & people are not satifised have the ability to report it to Ofcom: 

"We also help to make sure people don’t get scammed and are protected from bad practices. This is particularly important for vulnerable or older people.

Our duties come from Parliament. Our priority is to look after you" 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liz1989,

I'm sorry you find yourself, along with many others, in this situation through no fault of your own.

I'm hoping this be of help. Have you tried speaking to the Collections department?

They may be able to help - info from the Collections Team 

You can call our dedicated Collections team on 0800 052 0360 from any phone. We’re open Monday to Saturday, 8am until 6pm, except for Bank Holidays where we’re open from 8am ‘til 5pm. We’re closed on Sundays.

You might find that you’re going to have difficulty keeping up with your Virgin Media payments if your circumstances have changed. We’re here to support you with that by talking through payment options you can take in order to keep your services.

We have options to help you, depending on what situation you’re in. They can vary from giving you those few extra days to pay your bill, to offering you a reduced service for up to six months so that you can stay with us while paying back what you owe in an affordable way.

If your circumstances mean you can’t take any of our options, then we might have to place our account with one of our trusted agencies who’ll be able to accommodate you making payments over a longer time.

Remember that we’re here to help make payments straightforward for you, and support you with managing your account in difficult times. If you need to talk to us about debt, please get in touch by messaging or calling us using the contact details at the bottom of this page.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
F1TeamLH
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shame Dave that advice doesn't reflect the vast amounts of VM Agents you end up speaking to, Who offer no such support or help. I know coz ive been at the end of one of these conversations twice.
0 Kudos