cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting doen the days till my contract ends next month

Pidge22
On our wavelength

I Tried returned a RT-AX8TU & Asus EI mesh pod to Amazon as things were really no better & continue to get drop outs all the time & I know its not the wifi as I am getting continous drop outs listening to Radio 3 through my Linn Klimax Ds/1 streamer connected via LAN to the Virgin Hub ...there it goeas again!...I have shown below the quality monitor for the virgin hub below though if I am honest I don't quite understand what I am looking at...I received a notification that Virgin were working in the area last week but still same same old....counting down the days now till my contract ends next month....this was yesterday today it is even worse.

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 17.04.40.png

35 REPLIES 35

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Broadband isn't my direct area of expertise and others are far better placed to comment - but that BQM looks pretty fine to me.

Whatever is causing your issues, I don't think the reliability of your broadband is it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Pidge22

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your Hub and connection. I have taken a look on our side and I can see there are a few issues that are going to need an engineer to look into. 

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

Pm replied to thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your connection issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

That BQM looks excellent.

Just to make sure here.  You say your connected to the LAN, is that directly or is it using a powerline adapter?

There could be issues with the Modem/Router but hard to see that as you had tried the Asus kit (The Hub was in Modem Mode right?).

Do you have another ethernet cable to try?

If your using Powerline Adapters then could you try connecting directly to the Hub (Pain, I know).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Hi I am connected via LAN & there are no powerline adaptors involved the streamer is connected diresctly into the router thanks..

You have trouble with all of your devices?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Thank you for the update @Pidge22.

I can see your appointment is upcoming. Please let us know if the issue is resolved with our team and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Pidge22
On our wavelength

Well we had our engineer visit who thinks the problem was cuased by a faulty network cable into the hub,so I ran a speedcheck afer the cable was removed which I attach & despite 1 gb coming into the hub my macbook was showing a speed of 50mb which the engineer said was acceptable due to the variables with wifi.

This just reaffirms that the only way I will resolve my issues is to leave Virgin & return to Sky in 37 days when my contract ends as I had the same variables when I was with Sky but none of the issues I have had since joining Virgin.....

Its clear to see from the attached latency test its the network worsening at peak times ...

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 18.48.04.png

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 18.58.00.png