cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copper wiring in my residence.

thiagoviniciusu
Joining in

I would like to know if there is any way to have decent internet in my residence. Currently, the current company offers a terrible 5 Mbps internet, and I have looked into other companies, but none of them provide fiber optic service to my apartment. However, Virgin, for example, has already installed fiber optic in almost all the apartments in this building. Is there any way to request a visit or immediately upgrade to fiber optic? I can't stand this horrible internet anymore.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

What does the VM postcode checker say for your address?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @thiagoviniciusu 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi @thiagoviniciusu thanks for reaching out.

And thanks for expressing an interest in our service.  I cannot tell if you've responded to my colleague or not.  Therefore, I am going to send you a private message.  Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One small technical detail I will point out. Apart from a few trial areas, Virgin Media does not yet provide full fibre services. So even where the incoming feed is fibre, it has to convert to copper coaxial cabling in the property to operate the radio frequency Broadband & TV equipment they provide to customers. Despite VM replacing it in the next few years, copper coax is still capable of delivering up to 10Gb download speeds.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks