Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contractor

Hi, 

I live on an unadopted road. A Virgin engineer and contractors have visited and sprayed outside my house where they are going to dig up to connect my house to the main road. How do I contact the contractors? I have tried numerous times via sales, pre install and messaging on the app. I just get passed around or am waiting for 30 minutes plus. The contractors have sprayed to indicate they will be digging up on my neighbours land which obviously they are not happy about!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contractor

it would be very rare for virginmedia to run cabling on unadopted road, since can be a legal nightmare

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I own the road the section of road, the house two doors down has virgin already installed in a similar way that I need

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you already have a tee ? If not, then they need to install one and they need to find the main duct first. 

Is this actually on your neighbours land or just outside ? 

If the road is unadopted then I assume you all together own the road? So VM would possibly require a wayleave agreement? 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, the engineer and contractor came out over a month ago and have not heard anything. I just want an update on what is happening! Unfortunately it's almost impossible to do this. 

0 Kudos