cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract start date

Fabs
Tuning in

Hi, I'm due to receive my self start broadband kit today but I would prefer to wait until my existing Vodafone BB contract expires (less a few days for testing) before connecting the VM router. My question is, would my contract (payments) start when I connect the router or when I receive the kit? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fabs 

The billing starts as soon as you receive the kit.

As per the Glossary in VM's  /Terms_and_Conditions 

service start date 1. the first date on which the service is available for you to use; or
2. where no installation is required, the earlier of the date the service is activated or 7 days from the date you ordered the service from us; or 3. where you install the services yourself (via Quickstart or a similar self- installation solution), it will be either the first date on which each service is available for you to use the services or the date we receive 
confirmation that your installation kit has been delivered, whichever is earlier." 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Fabs
Tuning in

Anyone, please?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fabs 

The billing starts as soon as you receive the kit.

As per the Glossary in VM's  /Terms_and_Conditions 

service start date 1. the first date on which the service is available for you to use; or
2. where no installation is required, the earlier of the date the service is activated or 7 days from the date you ordered the service from us; or 3. where you install the services yourself (via Quickstart or a similar self- installation solution), it will be either the first date on which each service is available for you to use the services or the date we receive 
confirmation that your installation kit has been delivered, whichever is earlier." 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you so much new Apollo; spot on. 🙏🏿

Hi @Fabs 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We can see that @newapollo has answered your query perfectly. Is there anything else we can do to help you?

Regards,
Daniel