Menu
marikelis47
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract question

I got virgin media and the 1st month i had so many problems and was left without tv/internet for 4 or so days twice, i ended up cancelling due to moving country and they ended up charging me £300ish for cancellation fees. Is there anyway i could get out of paying this due to having so many issues and cancelling in my 1st month?
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract question

Hello

You had a signed contract that states the EDF there would have been no EDF if you had cancelled within the first 14 days of your contract.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract question

Hi marikelis47,

as Mike correctly advised if you weren't happy you should have cancelled within your 14 day cooling off period to avoid early termination fees.

The most you would pay in early termination fees is £240.  Any charges above that would be your monthly fee before the cancellation.

"We cap the amount of the Early Disconnection Fee so that you will pay no more than £240." as per early-disconnection-fees 

You may also be charged for non return of equipment /the-legal-stuff/priceguides 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos