Menu
cchamp
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Contract can not be activated

Have a strange situation

I was going to leave Virgin but managed to obtain the Oomph bundle including Sky Sports, Movies and an upgrade to my broadband (and includes an extra box).

The contract was due to start yesterday but as the extra box can not be installed the contract activation has been delayed. Apparently Virgin cant start the new services without this box being installed and as such I haven’t had the upgrade services and apparently I still have to pay my higher non contract price even though the new contract should of started.

has anyone else had this experience? I find it crazy that the contract can not start because the box can not be provided and no one within Virgin has the authority to over ride the systems to start the services.

Are Virgin in breach of contract for not providing what they should ?

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract can not be activated

There has been few post recently same question about upgrade.

VM are not fitting additional box for now as its not considered essential service. All other upgrades are still possible as they can be done without site visit.

You could speak to retention team and change the deal that does not involve a extra box or patiently wait until engineers are allowed to fit extra box.. could be a long wait.

Otherwise you be on rolling contract from previous contract and I am not sure how you would play "breach of contract"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos