cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Start Date

doesitmatter
Joining in

My contract is meant to start on the 25th of April,

But I don't want to to start until the middle of may. For some reason, there is no option to have the contract start at a later date, but would like the hardware to be installed as soon as possible so that there will be no issues when the time comes. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@doesitmatter wrote:

But I don't want to to start until the middle of may. For some reason, there is no option to have the contract start at a later date, but would like the hardware to be installed as soon as possible so that there will be no issues when the time comes. Is that possible?

If you are having a technician installation, the technician will install your equipment and test/activate on the same day. From that point you will be charged. VM will be keen to receive your monthly package fee at the earliest opportunity!

Has a VM connection point been installed in your home yet?

If you have an existing broadband service running, you should ideally try to overlap your old service with VM to test out the VM services and make sure all is working correctly within your 14 day cooling off period with VM while having your old service to fall back on if there is a problem with the new VM connection.

If you don't already have a VM cable/connection point then the date of 25 April may be 'subject to change' in any case.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@doesitmatter wrote:

If you are having a technician installation, the technician will install your equipment and test/activate on the same day. From that point you will be charged. VM will be keen to receive your monthly package fee at the earliest opportunity!

Has a VM connection point been installed in your home yet?

If you have an existing broadband service running, you should ideally try to overlap your old service with VM to test out the VM services and make sure all is working correctly within your 14 day cooling off period with VM while having your old service to fall back on if there is a problem with the new VM connection.

If you don't already have a VM cable/connection point then the date of 25 April may be 'subject to change' in any case.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @doesitmatter 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding your install, as stated the engineer would activate your equipment on the day of the appointment. 

Has this and the information from our community member goslow resolved this query for you? 

I don't have an engineer coming over, so can I install the modem at a later date?

They will start the contract running shortly after the self start kit is delivered. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.