Menu
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Contract Cancellation Terms

Hi there,

Just in case you're having the same fun and games as me with getting an install sorted, I wanted to let you know that new customers can still cancel their contracts up to fourteen days after:

(i) service start date (if you have no service yet and are a new customer, cancel freely my friends! There must be better service out there than this.)

(ii) delivery of equipment (if you haven't actually had any equipment yet, then fly freeeee!)

I've been trying to cancel my contract via the chat and text services and keep being told they can't do this for me. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on 2hr hold music waits after a month of this crap, so another option is to print/copy your contract, write "CANCEL" across the front in big letters and send it to:

Virgin Media

Winnal Down

Alresford Road

Winchester

Hampshire

SO21 1FP

You could also refuse delivery of the install equipment in the unlikely scenario that anyone actually turned up at all. If you don't take receipt, the 14 days doesn't actually start.

Good luck out there, friends. This is a company that need to take a serious look at itself. I've been a loyal customer for over ten years but one house move has just moved me into the "never again" active detractor column.

(In case you're interested, our house move was over a month ago. We got in touch well in advance and were told we could self-service with the pack. Fine. Rang on move day to cut off connection at old house and get pack sent to new house, but now this CSA doesn't think that's an option as Virgin was last on the property 10yrs ago. An engineer came to our house a week later and couldn't find a cable or a tee so arranged for contractors to visit. Various contractors came and went - none of them did any work. At one point the pavement team arrived but they couldn't do anything as they're not allowed to do road. No one had got the right permits, it seems. Since then many dates have come and gone with no one arriving but also no updates or cancellation notices. When I contact CS to see what's happening no one seems to know. The account number connected to my old house is dead, the account number connected to my new house isn't yet live - only Moves team can help me. Yet Moves team only seem to have access to internal install details, they can't talk to me about cabling contractors or tee installs or necessary council works permits. I'm not sure who is managing that but it sure isn't the Moves team as none of them can help me. Dates they give me come and go with no appearance from anyone brandishing any cables. My partner and I both work from home and 4G is dreadful round here. This is impacting our work very badly and both of our bosses have lost patience with our poor connectivity. I'm done. This service is an absolute joke and I'm not giving this terrible organisation a penny more of my money.)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Cancellation Terms

Out of interest, where did you get that cancellation address from - was it in the form - as per (3) below ?

The VM website advises for cancellations....

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone

2. In writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Include name address and all account details.

3. Or if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form..

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I got that address (and all the info I shared, come to that) from the back of my copy of the contract for my new 18mth contract at the new house, dated 17th Nov 2020.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks. I have never seen that address. Does it actually say that it is the one to use for cancellations? If it doesn't I would be concerned it may end up sitting in a black hole in Winchester and never get actioned. If you are planning to cancel in writing - I would try and do it over the phone first. You cannot do it by chat or text or email or any other way other than phone/snail mail.

If you call in at 08.00 on 150 (from a VM phone) or by dialling 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and follow options - 1,1,4,4 - you should get through to cancellations without any waiting (people on here are reporting that is the case for them).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's the address my contract instructs that I should use for cancellations. This is a picture of the cancellations text from a very recent (17th Nov 20) Virgin Media contract.That's the address my contract instructs that I should use for cancellations. This is a picture of the cancellations text from a very recent (17th Nov 20) Virgin Media contract.

0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I posted an image of the text on my contract itself but it'd being modded.

In case it doesn't make it, the text states:

"Alternatively, please print this contract form and write CANCEL across the front and send it to: Virgin Media, Winnall Down, Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1FP."

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ahh ok - I have never seen/had one of those forms.

I had just assumed they would be using the same address for cancelling new contracts as well as old ones. I guess that just isn't the VM way 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My advice: Don't spend your life trying to phone a company that really, really doesn't want to answer it's phone.  Adopt a belt and braces approach and send a cancellation letter to the address at Section M of the T&Cs.  By recorded delivery.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Andrew-G wrote:

My advice: Don't spend your life trying to phone a company that really, really doesn't want to answer it's phone.  Adopt a belt and braces approach and send a cancellation letter to the address at Section M of the T&Cs.  By recorded delivery.

The recorded delivery part is the important bit, and maybe it would also be wise to take a photograph of your contract first, just in case the address printed on it is no longer serviced! 

lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Very much what I had in mind - I'd photocopy my contract (both sides) so I had a version for sure. And I'd definitely planned to go Recorded Delivery. I'm not giving them any sort of "oh sorry we didn't get it" way out after this appalling performance.

How can a communications company be this bad at communicating? Yes COVID but come on. All people want is a decent automated notification system if the install engineer has to cancel and not to feel fobbed off by every operative they speak to.

Whoever is writing their Customer Service process documents should be banned from ever working in outsourced process management again. The poor people on the phones having to absorb all this customer rage because the process designed by HQ has too many dead ends no one considered. Amateurs!