Menu
Hiiamtom
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Continuous install delays

I'm at my whit's end. Can someone please help.

A short summary of the terrible service I've experienced so far;

• Moved into new house on 1st June so took the opportunity to switch from Sky to VM for my broadband and TV. Was given an install date of 15th June. 2 week wait not ideal but I was happy to wait
  • 14th June I get an email saying install delayed as pre-install work needs to be carried out? (why not carried out in advance??)
  • New install date set as 30th June. Really unhappy as working from home, kids etc so a massive let down by VM
  • I call, email, tweet. Passed from pillar to post. Am told I will recieve calls back - never happens. Distinct impression that no customer service agents actually want to help and just want to pass the buck/end the call
  • Pre-install team arrive today and tell me they can't do their work. Install meant to happen tomorrow but now delayed until 20th JULY! Nearly 2 months since original contact!

How can VM accept this level of customer service? Where's the pride in the service you provide?

Who can I speak to to that can actually get my services installed? These endless delays are unacceptable 

I'm going to call Sky tomorrow and go back to them if this isn't resolved satisfactorily. VM have made me realise how good Sky were 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous install delays

Did the pre-install crew say why they couldn't proceed?  If, as is often the case, they need to get permission from the local Council to dig up the pavement, this will usually involve a delay of several weeks. And the new date you are given will only be an estimate.

0 Kudos
Hiiamtom
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jpeg1

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, council permissions was the reason they gave me.

I cannot for the life of me understand why VM did not determine this prior to my original install date (15th June) rather than figuring it out the day before my already delayed install date? The process seems so illogical. 

A further delay of several weeks is out of the question for me. Looks like I'll be going back to Sky.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's just the way they do it. I suppose they have their reasons, and cost probably comes into it somewhere.

You won't be the first to have given up trying to get Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Most of the problems come from the fact that vm don't install any cabling until you ask for service, then they find out the ducting had collapsed and they can't actually push any cable through and have to fix the ducting.

Contrast this to some other companies who put the cables in when they they do their own ducting and when you request service its just find the cable and do the internal work. 

0 Kudos