Menu
Claire1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Continual issue with being installed

I booked to have my broadband connected as a new customer on the 10th December for 28th in my new home . It was immediately changed to 9th January. I work from home and have a job that requires WiFi . I tried to change it by email and ringing being kept in hold for over an hour on each occasion. Nothing . On 6th January the cable was put in . On the 8th January (my birthday) at 6.35pm I was told it wasn’t going to happen on 9th . Changed to the 1st February. Raised a complaint once again and told a survey would take place 11th January (yesterday) . This happened and was told straight forward and would get a phone call same day to arrange next step to pop box on wall ready for straight forward connection . I have heard nothing. 
I work from home , I have a business supporting over 350 people in this pandemic . I risk losing my job , I have to go to another house and risk my health as no broadband. I have waited since 10th December. This is absolutely shocking customer service. I suffer from anxiety and on medication for it . Please help me , all I want is WiFi to try to do my job . If I lose my job I will have nothing and can’t survive. I would appreciate an immediate response 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continual issue with being installed

Installation of a new cable to your property can take time, in rare situations it can take several months as VM use third party contractors and may need to request planning permission from the local council. 

If the Internet is essential for you I would suggest to acquire a 4G sim card from a provider such as 3 and use that until VM is available for you. 

Alternatively, you may wish to talk to another provider which may be able to offer services more quickly than Virgin media. 

0 Kudos
Claire1965
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the cable in ! It literally needs connecting to the system , changed from 8th January to the 1st February? I work from home and risk losing my job, it’s gone on deaf ears so how do I survive ? The survey engineer agreed it’s a quick straight forward job . Service is disgusting especially in this stay at home climate 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Like I said, if you are unhappy with the new date, there are alternative providers out there, that way you don't risking losing your job. Have you tried to acquire a 4G dongle to tide you over in the meanwhile ? 

0 Kudos