cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Virgin media

howie676
Joining in

Having major issues contacting Virgin customer service. Was on hold for nearly an hour yesterday. Spoke to someone for 5 mins then on hold for 90 mins before being disconnected. Was on hold for nearly 2 hrs today before being disconnected again. I’m sending my stuff back & I haven’t even used it yet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you wanting to cancel the contract and return equipment?

Are you in the14-day cooling off period? Or has your contract period ended?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you wanting to cancel the contract and return equipment?

Are you in the14-day cooling off period? Or has your contract period ended?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’m still in the 14 day cooling off period however I still can’t get anyone to cancel my contract. Been a shambles before I even received my hub

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK see this then....

1) Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore where you will get the runaround

If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on…. 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - cant guarantee getting through on that though

I would record the Telephone conversation too if it were me

2. Cancel In writing to…

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival well before the 14 day deadline

3. Or, if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form by registered mail and receipt with signature on arrival.

For returning equipment see this....

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I’ll need to do it the old fashioned way I think. Got nowhere on the retention number & even less on the customer service number. Is there such a thing as a welcome pack with cancellation details and n it. If so I never received one

Thanks for the update @howi676, do please keep us updated if you need any further help from our team, after the letter has been sent out to us.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David

further to my previous comments. Virgin received my letter to cancel however to date I haven’t heard anything from them. I’ve not received the returns kit yet & to round it off they’re now trying to bill me. I’ve tried contacting them again but after nearly 3 hrs on hold today I’ve given up. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is your VM service still actively connecting? It should have been "inactivated".

Have you tried logging into your VM account page on the website and seeing what it says on there?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi John

ive never been connected. The app states I’m not activated. My home hub isn’t compatible with my set up at home. 
I did ask for a returns bag but as yet I’ve still not received that either 

Hey there @howie676, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the struggle you've had contacting Virgin Media regarding the setup.
I will look in to this for you and see how I can assist.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs