cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact number for cable installation

sul75
Joining in

Hi All

Been trying to get hold of Virgin for almost a month now to no avail. Our street is cabled but a group of 3 houses set back from the road do not have connections to the house (the drive is around 50-75m long).  Each time I try to speak to anyone they indicate I need to complete an online form which says i will be contacted within 10 days.  Ive done that 3 times now but I am never contacted. 

I tried the bot today and even though it said do I want to transfer to a live agent, it then asked my post code and directed me to the same page again. 

It seems extremely hard to actually find a phone number but eventually found 0345 454 1111 which ends up in a continuously loop asking for my account details.

Any advice on how i actually can get to speak to some one?

Many thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Hero

Are there connections any points at the boundary of the property they might look similar to these.

Client62_2-1673871839259.pngClient62_0-1674067252179.png

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sul75, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about this.

I am going to send you a PM to take some information from you so I can get this raised for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Many thanks, Ill reply now.

According to our neighbour we have NTL covers at the top of the drive and we know that others in the street have Virgin installed.

No problem at all, I have got your message and I have replied. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Well after reading the posts over the last couple of weeks Im truly not surprised that I was never contacted by Virgin either after completing their online form which I was directed to several times or after providing my details via private message to a Rep on here.  I dont understand this as its clear that people want to give this company money but they cant even be bothered reaching out in the time frames they set themselves.

Hi sul75, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community and we're sorry to hear you've still not had anyone reach out to you. 

I have forwarded your address over to our lightning teams now to see if the address is serviceable or whether we're unable to. 

Once I get a reply from the team I will let you know, good or bad. Just to set expectations it may take a few days depending on how busy they are 🙂

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you.

I know the post code does come up on your checker as available with a speed of up to Gig1, and the house at the end of the drive is connected and has all the cabling / brown box on the side of their house facing the drive.  The connection was just not brought the additional 20 odd metres down to this group of 3 houses.

Hi Sul75 👋 thank you for getting back to us. 

Kath will be back in touch as soon as there is a further update for you!

(There may be a slight delay from usual estimated time with this due to the Easter Weekend affecting some working hours.)
Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi sul75, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to me today and advised the following: I’ve had a look at the address, and unfortunately its not serviceable at the moment nor is it part of any build at the moment. 

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however the team have already noted your interest so will be in touch if this changes. 

Take care and apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs