Very frustrated with pre-install appointment reschedule. Its getting delayed from 29th march till date. I cancelled my original order as got fed up with daily slippage. VM called again and placed another order on 30/04 with a pre-install work scheduled for 03/05, which is now changed to 04/05 and tomorrow it will again slip to 05/05 ... Really fed up with the experience so far. Just need a simple answer whether VM can install YES or NO. If Yes then exact date rather than changing everyday.
If there has been problems such as blocked duct then it's impossible to get an exact date, it is only possible to give estimate and adjust due to outside contractors, the possibility of requiring council planning permission, etc. It is possible that it could slip for upto 8 weeks if waiting for the council.
If you cancel then all work orders are cancelled and will restart when you next request installation.
Also note that if pre-pull is estimated for 5th May but internal installation isn't until 20th May (for example), then pre-pull may be rescheduled for any day upto and including internal installation day.
Hi Z92, Thanks for your reply. I can understand. The challenge is cable is terminating at far end of the public footpath. They need 20m digging to provide duct at my premise. Appreciate it may need council permission etc but can they not simply tell me whether it is doable rather than just waiting forever !
Ahh, you might be in the problem where they need someone to cost up the job and then need sign off before they can actually start the work. Every connection has a fixed budget and if you go over the budget the job will typically get cancelled, but you should know either way. Unfortunately VM are the worst at keeping customer upto date on whats happening!
That explains however, no such comms or initimation from VM on this since last 6 weeks. I've been telling their pre-install team but they appear to be clueless telling me its already scheduled. I appreciate they can't go beyond their budget for only one connection then they shouldn't try to sell the service. I cancelled my first order waiting for 5 weeks. But then they again called me and placed another order which is in 2nd week of waiting period. Absolutely unprofessional...
Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks so much for your first post.
I'm very sorry to hear you've not got off to the best start with us, and there's been many delays with your installation journey. Whilst we are not the dedicated team who deal with pre installation issues and enquires, I'm going to pop you over a PM and see what I can do to help. I'll also raise a complaint for you in regards to your experience if you don't already have one raised.
Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.
I've raised couple complaints so far and also dropped an email to Lutz as well 72hrs ago. But no luck so far. I'm still trying various ways to find out what's happening and somehow, I could manage to speak to the construction team today, they told me that job is logged but cannot tell me when it will be done. It could take a week or 4 weeks or 8weeks ! My service with current provider is terminating on 9th May (It was due on 23/04 which I extended due to VM delay) and now I will again be requesting them to extend further but not sure how long as VM is not committing any timeline to me. I just need a simple Yes or No to determine further options. Appreciate your quick help here. Thanks.
Typical VM behavior continues. On Monday 10th (i.e. yesterday), I got text message from VM confirming both external & internal work will be done on 13/05. Confirmation followed by COVID Qs. All went through and got little excited that this time VM will prove me wrong! But that did not last longer. Just now, I got another text from VM saying...oh we've to do external work and hence we're pushing your appointment to 26/05. Just pulling my remaining hairs... absolutely gutted & disappointed.