Menu
Toilet-Duck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Constant packetloss on connection (T3 timeouts)

Since Sunday last week I've had constant packetloss / T3 timeouts on my connection.

After contacting the call centre multiple times (who advised no issues) I eventually got through to someone who advised they saw a connection problem with T3 timeouts and arranged an engineer.

The engineer has been and gone today but I'm still getting constant packetloss (annoying while gaming). - Engineer altered some of my levels but this hasn't really helped and I'm still getting packetloss.

Would a tech please have a look to see if they can see any issue with my cab / network?

0e91d4f993da695ec6e92f6d918de2b56594068b-24-12-2020

event.pngstats.png

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant packetloss on connection (T3 timeouts)

The log is useless as a bug in the Superhub 2 firmware is spamming it with the same spurious message, note the identical time stamp of every message.  A log with genuine errors would have different time stamps and a variety of errors.

The downstream power level recommended range is -6 to +10 and all of yours are above 10, so I'd say the engineer didn't do a great job and you should try and get another one out.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Errm, the T3 times are actually all different, and correspond with the period of heavy packet loss on the BQM. 

It certainly does need another visit. 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:

Errm, the T3 times are actually all different, and correspond with the period of heavy packet loss on the BQM. 

It certainly does need another visit. 

My mistake, I didn't have my magnifying glass handy to view the tiny screen grab.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toilet-Duck
I've got a tech visit booked for you on Thursday 31-DEC, 12-4PM. You can view or reschedule this from your online account with this link
Thanks,
Corey C

0 Kudos
Toilet-Duck
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks another engineer has been booked.. second time lucky maybe 😣

I've also just noticed the engineer has changed something on the white box behind the TV and removed something. The white virgin box no longer screws into the wall as some sort of extension cable has been added. Is this correct or do I need to tell the next engineer this? It looks a mess now the white box no longer screws on..

IMG_0686.JPG

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries, Toilet-Duck,

Happy to help. It's not something we can determine from the photo but you can have the conversation with the engineer if that setup is needed or if there is a tidier solution.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos