Menu
Charloo6193
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection

20210622_150235.jpg

Hi, I've just received my hub and kit, I've switched from Vodafone and an engineer came out and connected that for me, I'm looking at the connections and their completely different, I know the previous owners had virgin media so I was hoping 

0 Kudos
Charloo6193
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection

Attach the photo properly I dont think 

0 Kudos
SteNix2020
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes that connection shown in the photo is for Openreach and used by Sky, Plus net, BT etc. Your virgin box should be a little longer with a screw like connection. Could be labeled Telewest, cable & wireless or ntl or maybe Virgin media if its recent.

If you have a Brown box on the outside of your property labeled similar trace the cable from it to where it enters the property.

If this can't be find then you will need to have a manned install by phoning or waiting for staff here to pick this up.

0 Kudos
Charloo6193
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okidoki thank you

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Or if it's really old - Diamond Cable!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Charloo6193
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get intouch with the couple we brought the house off and they came round and showed us, for some reason it's not wall mounted, it's just a wire that comes in from outside 🤷‍♀️ they explained why to my partner and he understands it better then me aha I have no idea what they was on about but it's worked and my broadband is working great, the house was built early 1930s so I dunno if it has anything to do with that

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's sorted!

Maybe they decided that they couldn't attach the faceplate to the wall! - Who knows?!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos