NH410
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connection

November 2020 I signed up to virgin media -

17/12/20

I was promised service -

I have been waiting over 6 months now to have Virgin Media broadband connected.

I have had innumerable visits from engineers.and

I have been given countless dates when I have been assured services would begin. I have been told that compensation is due. Neither of these things have happened, and now it seems that Virgin have given up trying to provide me with the service they promised me many months ago.
It has come to the point where my next step must be to go to trading standards, in light of the appalling service I've been given by your company.

If possible I would like to avoid this course of action, but because of your refusal to attempt to give me the service or even reply to any of my attempts to contact virgin media, other than this platform. I don’t feel confident that virgin can deliver the service I entered into contract with in good faith back in 2020.

If anyone as a better idea please let know.

Extremely disappointed
NH

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection

Please be aware that VM are under no obligation to provide services if they deem a property is too expensive to connect to the network.

Note that your contract doesn't start until you are fully connected, so you can decide to leave at any time without incurring any charges.

Therefore it may be better to look for an alternative provider.

0 Kudos
NH410
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I live in a semi on a suburban street 6 metres away from a Virgin pit 20 metres away from a virgin street hub and both neighbours have Virgin plus an old virgin cable is connected to the property... I will pass your comments on the Ombudsman and to see what Virgin charter states regarding its public infrastructure obligation.. 

NH 

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Ombudsman is not interested in individual cases, and VM has no public infrastructure obligation.

However, you can submit a complaint, and if you are not happy with the result, you can take it to CISAS.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @NH410 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can see that you have previously been speaking to another member of the forums team regarding this. 

Were where things up to at the last time of speaking? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
NH410
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No idea just as every other time promises are made and no service provided .. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Not a problem,  Kath who you have previously spoken with last time is off for a little while, I think the best plan of action from here will be to email the AFM (area field manager) and ask for a further update. 

As soon as I hear anything further, I  will let you know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @NH410 

The AFM is chasing this up and has reached out to the construction team for this.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos