Menu
robindl
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection

I entered into a contract with Virgin media earlier this month to supply M100 Fibre Broadband.  On 13 December, I was told external work was complete and connection would happen on 19 December. On 18 December, I was told external work was not complete and that connection could not take place as promised.  I was not given an alternative date. I asked Customer Services for advice and they gave me an email address for Virgin’s construction team.  I sent the team an email. I have received no reply.   We are left with no internet access (including TV reception) and the prospect of none over Christmas, during lockdown.  How do I find out if anyone is going to connect us to broadband and when?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection

What does it say in your online account / virgin app ? 

If the date says todays date then you should get a connection sometime in the near future (it will likely roll over each day until you are connected). 

If the date says "NaN" then expect a delay of anything upto 8 weeks. 

Note that external construction work may take upto 8 weeks to complete. A definitive date is not possible if they are waiting for a third party or the council for permission. 

0 Kudos
robindl
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I should have headlined my post as installation, of course, not connection.

There appear to be two accounts on MyVirginmedia.  The first still shows 19/12/20.  The second is an account number I don’t recognise and it says NaN

0 Kudos
robindl
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Apologies.  I see the two numbers are not account numbers but order references.  I assume therefore that the second overtakes that first and I am therefore in for an eight week wait.  They could at least tell me, reply to my email

0 Kudos
chrisbarton
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when will my contract start from?
we it be from when i am connected?
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, your 14 days cooling off period starts from the day you have an active connection. 

0 Kudos
robindl
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes, my account is now market NaN and I have been told 6-8 weeks.  No doubt that will roll forward!  

0 Kudos