forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ziplock9000
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection quality, pings, constant dropped packets getting worse over the last year and almost unuseable

My Hub 3 has been getting progressively worse over the last year or so, dropped packets and web pages not appearing until I refresh the page. Downloads dropping halfway through.
I have to restart the hub at least once a week, which only gives temporary reprieve
I've performed a hub factory reset, it didn't help.
In the last week or two, it's got so bad that a large fraction of web page requests fails and I have to refresh. When they do work there is a delay of up to 20 seconds before the page is displayed even on powerful devices.
BQM during this time has the graph constantly ~40% in the red, although today it's 100% red.
Even connecting to the router's portal webpage from an ethernet connected computer takes 30 seconds to display, 30 more to authenticate, 30 more for any actions to be accepted.
There is content dropped packets during any 5-minute window for large fractions of that time (shown in image via MetaPing to Yahoo.com)
I have multiple ethernet connected computers and wireless devices all having this issue.

As I mentioned, this isn't something that has just started to happen, it's been occurring for a year and progressively getting worse to the point where just web browsing is tedious and resetting the router is of no help.

The problem seems to be with the router, so I'd like a replacement Hub 3 or ideally Hub 4 sent out as it seems to have fewer issues with multiple devices than Hub 3.

ApplicationFrameHost_eMwC2xqoff.png

msedge_18qAq9oIoP.png

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection quality, pings, constant dropped packets getting worse over the last year and almost unuse

Might be your cable rather than your router? 

It would appear that your BQM may have the incorrect IP address? 

0 Kudos
ziplock9000
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection quality, pings, constant dropped packets getting worse over the last year and almost unuse

All of the interior ethernet cables have been checked and work perfectly at full gigabit speed. I don't imagine it's the cable exterior to the property as this issue has been around for about a year at varying degrees, not only that but it would not explain how logging on to the router's portal takes 30 seconds as does all further actions with the portal which communicates purely internally via ethernet and not the external cable.

I've verified that the IP address is correct from BQM. Apparently the "all red" is an issue with the router not responding to pings sometimes, again it's temporarily rectified by resetting the router. But even when it does "work", it's normally 40% red and dropped pings.

Even after resetting the router yet again, I'm getting lots of dropped packets to bbc.co.uk, Google.com, Yahoo.com
I'm also still having to refresh pages for them to display.

0 Kudos