Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection of services in my property

Hi Karen, 

Have you heard anything back on this as there seems to be some cabling on the street Adjacent to mine that was part of the same development.

Many Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joey74,

Thank you for getting back in touch 

I am very sorry but Karen has left the business. 

I am happy to email the team for an update but after a quick check I can see your address is unfortunately still showing as unavailable at this time. 

I will update you as soon as I have any further information. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat, 

is there any update on this as it’s getting beyond a joke now. I registered for cable my street two and a half years ago and am no closer to getting connected. I informed you that the road had been adopted by the council when I first requested even though you didn’t have it in your system. I can actually see the network from my front door to the street next to mine which was adopted at the same time.

If I do not get a definitive answer soon I will forget about Virgin Media and renew with Sky which would be wasting over 10 years I had an account with you in my previous addresses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

it would be wise to remember that virgin have no legal obligation to provide service to any one or any street.
build expansion is purely a financial decision.

the only definitive answer you will get is when you see someone digging the street.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chenks for your opinion on this.

that is all it is your opinion.

i know how it works being a former employee

all I would like is to get an answer from Virgin Media as to what the realistic chances of connection are to try and establish whether to renew my contract with Sky or finally get connected through my preferred provider 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joej74, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I am afraid we do not currently have any updates for your area. 

Unfortunately, this does mean that I cannot give you a definitive answer for when the service will be available. 

I appreciate this is not ideal as you are currently deciding whether to re-contract to another provider and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos