cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues, speeds, T3 errors

neilied
On our wavelength

For a good few weeks now my superhub 3 has been all over the place. Doing speed tests either give great speeds or failed to connect all within seconds. On wifi web pages hang and need refreshing. It seems like the connection gets lost every few seconds and if you hit during the down you lose the connection. Just did a speed test and download fluctuated between 5mb and 200mb during the test and then it hung on upload test and failed. A quick refresh and all was well. Below is the details as of now for hub. If anyone can see if there is an obvious issue I can get looked into I’d be grateful.C2CB9A7B-A6A5-4188-8775-EDDF400360D2.jpeg6B10D774-2369-4B0E-AC41-B9371B1842DC.jpegD55A1FC0-73BB-4BEB-8CE9-DB9E9DD1D595.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Can you start from a clean sheet and do this...

Switch the Hub off and unplug it from the mains supply for five minutes. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax and ethernet cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box (no “staples, etc.,) piercing the cables. Then switch the Hub back on and leave ~5 minutes
When all done, check back in the settings and ensure that the RS error counts and T3 errors have all reset to 0. Then check every hour or so to see if they start reappearing - they shouldn't. If they do (particularly the postRS and T3 ones) you have a problem (noise) that only a Tech visit will sort.
-------------

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there neilied, thank you for posting on our help forum.

Sorry to hear of the hub performance issue you're experiencing, could you please tell us how things look since your last post here on Wednesday and if the advice from jbennand above has helped with this?

Let us know if you need more help with this, happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

neilied
On our wavelength

Evening all.

Many thanks for the replies. Have been very busy and no time to sort this issue. Yesterday I checked all cables and reset hub and pods. Switched off for a good hour and then restarted. Settled in and today had a connection issue with Wi-Fi on all devices and one of the pods lost connection. Have taken updated pics showing hub up 24 hours.C1D4AAD0-F366-4804-9DAE-03C2AEF49824.jpeg3ACBE064-CAE2-4F52-A3EB-64751B46A3FB.jpeg2EE68E5C-7B01-4EAA-8B3D-BA0148FF6D40.jpeg

neilied
On our wavelength

Spoke with tech but they couldn’t see anything wrong. Also mentioned my elderly mum just got an email with an offer of a free hub 5 sent to her. Can’t get the same for myself and she only has the tv on Wi-Fi. 🤷

Hi Neilied, thank you for returning to the thread with an update. 

Having had a look on our systems there are no issues showing with the signal coming into your hub from the exchange, and the signals reaching your hub are good both in terms of speed, latency, and packet loss. 

Your average speeds in the last month are 218mpbs download and 20.15mbps Upload - which is really good. 

I can see a couple of disconnections from close to the start of the month but these appear to have stabilised. 

Are you still experiencing the same issues? What effects are these having on the devices in your home network?

Are you experiencing the speed issues on devices with a Wi-Fi connection?

Let us know how you are getting on and we can offer further support! 
All the best. 

Molly

neilied
On our wavelength

many thanks for the reply. Have had 2 instances last week. The devices appear to be connected but they are not getting through to the internet. Mostly need to just off and on the Wi-Fi in the device and it reconnects. But it’s across all devices at the same time and sometimes it drops the pods off too.

Hey neilied, thank you for reaching back to confirm this.

I have done some digging into this and I have found there is an area fault in the area which will causing these issues.

As it stands, there is currently no estimated fix date for this, however the network team have now aware of the issue that has been impacting the connection and they are working on a fix for this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?