Menu
SamJones90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connection dropping in Area 12 Birmingham

My connection speed has been unstable for as long as I can remember but hasn't been causing issues of note due to my low amount of time spent at home. Having had some valuable time off over the past 9 days, my gaming and streaming has been plagued by constant disconnections. The wi-fi connection is fine and network is up, the internet connection will drop sometimes only for 1 second while gaming and has cost me several ranks on CSGO, other times it's down for longer periods of time. Please can something be done to resolve this as I would like to be receiving superior internet stability in 2022 than what I was running in 2008.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping in Area 12 Birmingham

Some things to do:

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker

Setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides diagnosis of any underlying issues

Get stats from a VM hub:

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

Click on the “> Check router status” button

• Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.

By the way area numbers are for billing only and can refer to different locations across the country, best ti post first part of post code.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection dropping in Area 12 Birmingham

Hi @SamJones90

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your connection issues, I'm really sorry for the disruption this has caused to your gaming. That is not ideal at all.

I located your account and can see that you are experiencing an uptime issue. Please can you try rebooting your Hub for me (leave it switched off for 30 seconds) and let me know if the connection drops still occur after this.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos