Menu
stevieglynn81
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection day

Hi 

we moved onto our house on the 1st June 2019. The engineer came out to set us up to find that we had no existing cable to our property. As it was champions league final day he asked next door if he could piggyback off their cable and increased their speed to accommodate this. He told us that a team would be out in the next few weeks to rectify the non cable problem. When we realised that we are still piggybacking from our neighbours COVID-19 hit and couldn’t get to speak to any agents on the phone due to the pandemic. We are paying for the top package. As we still don’t have our own cable we are very reluctant to renew our contact with virgin. We can only get WiFi signal in the front of the house, and have tried many times to get someone to list to our concerns. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do? Any advice would be greatly received!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-Pull Required - June 2019

To start, ideally yes you should have your own cable however sharing the cable with your neighbor rarely has a negative impact (and as the engineer seems to have balanced the signals there shouldn't be any issues), by having your own you would only be sharing the same cable anyway, but further down the street.

However this isn't to say Virgin won't arrange for your own, if you  hang around here for a little while a staff member will contact you by posting back here and making arrangements.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection day

It is quite common that joining houses share a connection.  The same as flats.  This doesn't affect service at all if the signals are balanced.  as said above all connections are shared in the cabinet anyway

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevieglynn81, thanks for the message and we are are sorry to hear that you have a temp connection. This will be done when the cable needs to be pulled by a two person crew. This works have a run time of 4-8 weeks depending on what works need to be done. Chris

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Chris_W1, please note this connection was supposed to be re-pulled in 2019.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We can only get WiFi signal in the front of the house, and have tried many times to get someone to list to our concerns. 

This is an entirely separate issue.  If the WiFi from your Hub doesn't cover the whole house then like many of us you may have to invest in a better WiFi router or access point.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevieglynn8, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris. 

0 Kudos