Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Connection Dropping and Slow Speeds

Having persistent problems for a few weeks now with the connection dropping and dire speeds in the range of 1mbps to 5mbps (wired) when I should have a 100mbps connection. Same speed issues in both router and modem mode and after several reboots.

Upload speeds are fine with a consistent 10mbps to 12mbps, it is just the downstream connection.

Screenshot_20200510-164929_Chrome.jpg

The router status downstream page is showing one channel (5) unlocked (as above pic shows) could this be the cause of the issues?

Upstream is fine as below

Screenshot_20200510-165032_Chrome.jpg

I know calling the helpline will get me nowhere as had several conversations in the past where anything beyond "reboot the router" is beyond their capabilities technically, can anyone in here advise how best to proceed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Dropping and Slow Speeds

Your downstream channel 5 is not locked on. Try rebooting the Hub and see if it remains that way.
A VM tech needs to comment on the significance.

BTW you should post next time in the Networking & Wifi forum - this one is for "Quick Start" issues - which you dont have as your Hub is very old! In fact you are due a free upgrade !

Try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's. If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos