Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connection Dropped

I lost internet connection overnight, from logs I see some error messages at 1:25 

22/10/2020 01:29:26criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2020 01:30:22criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
22/10/2020 02:05:7Error

DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I had steady red light which apparently say overheating and find better location as solution, the router was not even warm and been there since I moved in, anyway decided to do the reset as it has been in the modem mode, now I have white light and still no connection 

on the main page under Internet it say Online although for a moment I have noticed Access Denied!

in the test it say Broadband issues so how come it say online if test throw broadband issues? 

I have tried calling support after 45 min waiting my call was cut off ! there is no chat available and we all working from home in current times, have 2 students who cant study online as well what a lovely technical support Virgin! 

anyone can have a look and inform me why this connection is down!?access denied.JPGBroadband service.JPGVirgin Online.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Dropped

Hey sharki9,

I'm sorry to hear about the connection drop you had recently. Have you had any problem since posting, or was it just a one-off?

I've had a look at everything on the hub and on the network our side, all the stats are looking good at the moment and indicating a steady connection over the past few days. There also weren't any network problems at the time of the dropout.

From checking everything I do see we're carrying out some work on the local network today. That shouldn't impact the connection too much, but you may notice a drop or two as we switch things around.

Please let me know if you're having any further problems with the connection.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it was an all day downtime, on the end the connection came back by the end of the day 

its just frustrating that in the times where everybody work and study from home you cannot get hold of the technical support, I have spent many calls on hold to get to anyone where I have been automatically cut off on the dot of 45th minute, nobody available on the chat, community respond after over a week 

basically the support do not exist when you need them ... 

I have broke all my config reset all the network equipment to factory default.... I had no text message info that there will be any work going on in my area ...

this is not a service I would expect. 

I asked to escalation and call back from manager where I have been promised a call within 30 min guess what no call 🙂 but to sell you something new they will be calling you every few days 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply and our apologies for the delay sharki9.

We completely understand that any downtime of the service can be frustrating and inconvenient and then to have problems reaching the team can only add to this. We are busier than usual at the moment and apologise for any delays. 

Have you received a call back from the team since your last post to us?

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did I receive a call? Please don’t joke like that it’s not April’s fool day ... 

I was thinking about upgrading my package and moving my mobile contract to virgin but with service like that I won’t do that I can’t imagine trying to get hold of someone if there was something wrong with the mobile service ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am very sorry to hear that, this is not the level of service we expect. 

When you were advised of the call back, did the team raise a case for you? If so, you will have received a complaint reference number. 

For further information regards our complaints process please see here:  https://virg.in/comcop

Nat
0 Kudos