Menu
Hxma
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connecting wires to hub

Hi, I have had Virgin Media before and the wall socket is outside of my house so there is a long wire that comes inside which is supposed to connect to the hub. I have tried connecting it but for some reason it won't connect. They let me pick Quickstart as I have had Virgin Media before but it is hard for me to connect the hub to the wire coming from outside. Please can someone assist me on this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting wires to hub

Can you post a photo of the white cable end fitting please.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Hxma
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its saying file size exceeds 1mb

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Either ...

Post the photo to a hosting site and put a link to it on here

Or

Use graphic tools to reduce the image size.

Check your PMs.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
alexiagilbert
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We're having the same issue. It appears that our virgin media box is an old one. Can you help?

IMG_6310.png

0 Kudos
Hxma
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can't I just email it because all this seems complicated to me.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Hxma wrote:

Can't I just email it because all this seems complicated to me.

Please read post # 4.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Hxma wrote:

Hi, I have had Virgin Media before and the wall socket is outside of my house so there is a long wire that comes inside which is supposed to connect to the hub. I have tried connecting it but for some reason it won't connect. They let me pick Quickstart as I have had Virgin Media before but it is hard for me to connect the hub to the wire coming from outside. Please can someone assist me on this.

Thanks

It looks like you have been supplied with new cables to connect to old connectors.

You will need to get VM to supply adaptors or different cables.

20200927-131803

20200927-131809

0 Kudos
Hxma
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They won't answer my phone at all.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try again in the morning at 08:00

0 Kudos