Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connecting to street b4 installation

My installation date to join VM is next tuesday (7/4/20), nobody has been in touch about connecting my house the the street cable b4 installation.

I messaged VM through the app messaging service last Thursday to ask and no-one has replied to my questions.

Just worried that my sky subscription gets cancelled a couple of days after my installation date and cant be doing with no tv/broadband/phone if the country gets proper locked down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to street b4 installation

Hi Mark,

Do you know if the property has ever had cable in before? If your property has then it would only be works on the day that would need to be completed and nothing prior to that.

Steve

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

The connection on all new installs is done automatically and they dont always contact you to let you know when its going to happen as it can be done anything up to and in rare cases the same day as the install.

Hope that helps.

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Has your house been previously connected,does it have a brown box on the front of the house

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No I've only ever had sky and house was a new build when I moved in

0 Kudos