Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connecting replacement hub 3.0

my old hub wasn’t working so I have been sent a new hub 3. I have connected all of the wires and turned it on but it isn’t connection to the internet can someone help me please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting replacement hub 3.0

Have you called the activation number that should have been supplied with the new hub?  All new hubs need to be activated which in turn deactivates your previous hub as only one can be active per account.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh really I haven’t been sent an activation number or if I have I haven’t realised will it be on the box or via text?  Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Last time I got a new hub there were instructions in the box with an activation phone number to call.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I just tried to call up and get the activation text sent out but due to corona and it being Sunday the department is closed. Is the a way I can get the activation text through the website? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Maxquar wrote:

I just tried to call up and get the activation text sent out but due to corona and it being Sunday the department is closed. Is the a way I can get the activation text through the website? 

AFAIK there is no option to do it via the web site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh ok I’ll just have to call up tomorrow thanks for your help mate